Monday, August 19, 2013

Water Fights and Mischievous Mondays.

Pure joy is on Luke's face!
You know when women joke around saying their husband is just another kid in the family? You may all laugh and nod agreement, but deep down think they're exaggerating. You believe that while husbands can be immature sometimes, childlike behavior is still far off. You're soooo wrong! Truly there are moments when the men in our lives regress to silly children. I swear it's true! This even applies (more often than I'll admit) to my husband,  Luke, and Saturday was a prime example. 

Friends hosted a wet day of fun for their son's birthday complete with multiple kiddie pools, a slip-and-slide, water guns, water bomb balls, and more. Since only children were dressed for the occasion, the grown-ups gathered on the back porch to avoid being soaked... All except Luke who eschewed adult contact to initiate water gun fights with the other kids! Yes, he initiated the fight! He chased and was chased round and round the yard as children tried to return his fire. He even developed a method of shooting multiple water guns with one hand. I believe he even giggled from delight! Needless to say he was the best babysitter, keeping the kids entertained while the other adults could partake in adult conversation... for once!
I believe Luke is celebrating shooting the little girl... poor thing! Notice how ALL the kids are shooting back at him!
Now speaking of Luke's mischief making, if anyone else has mischievous stories to share check out the blog hop below from Southern Mess Moms and link up!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, what is Mischievous Mondays, you ask? Well, it's your chance to share some of the more devious but hilarious things that you, your kids, significant others or pets have done! Just write about it on your blog, add a picture (so it's Pinterest ready) and link it up with us every Monday! If you don't have a blog but would like to participate, you absolutely can! Send me your name, your story and a picture to go with your story (if you'd like) by Sunday and I will write a reader submission post to share! Send your stuff to me here!



Don't forget to Tweet, Share & Pin the Hop!!

Mischievous Mondays

12 comments:

  1. So, while I could easily see my hubby doing this...I have to admit that I am much more likely to be the kid in our family lol :) I will jump into all sorts of things that were totally meant for kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! I wish I could be the kid more, but my husband always beat me to the punch!

      Delete
  2. I love when the hubs plays with the kids - then I can be Joy for a while and not Mom!!! I think I want to be the kid more tho - look how much fun he was having and he'll be the adult all the kids will want to play with at every gathering after - bawahahahahahahaha! What a fun party idea too - we have four kids - almost 6, 8, almost 11, and 13 - this is something they all could get into!!!!!!

    Love love love your blog - now following via BlogLovin!!! Have a fabulous water balloon filled day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely was the kids' favorite! Though he was probably the adults' favorite too since he wore everyone's child out. I'm sure they crashed after the party... I know Molly passed out in the car ride home!

      Delete
  3. My husband is the same, he would rather be with the kids than the adults a good chunk of the time. My god kids like to use him as the bad guy when they play super heroes haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dads make the best toys! Molly just spent the evening using Luke as a jungle gym. Needless to say, he enjoyed himself thoroughly!

      Delete
  4. Love that! I think my husband and I take turns at being a kid-at-heart. I know people say it like it's a bad thing sometimes, but I think it's awesome! We all need those extra smiles and a joy filled heart. :o) It looks like your hubby had a lot of fun!

    Carmen
    www.thetriplebs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very awesome! Some people are too serious sometimes and need to loosen up! Goofing around is the best!

      Delete
  5. LOL that is so hilarious! Jeff would do the same thing, and so would all of his friends :)

    Hilary
    www.youngtexanmama.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how guys can tap into their inner child! It's one of the reasons we love them, right?! ;)

      Delete
  6. That is one great daddy! You can brag about him loving his kids.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...