Monday, February 3, 2014

the baby bump report {28 weeks}

How many weeks? 28 weeks. Hello third trimester! Counting down... 12 more weeks (or less)!

Baby's size? Baby is the size of an eggplant weighing in between 1.5 to 2.5 pounds and measuring somewhere between 13.6 and 14.8 inches.

Cool baby fact? My little lady is packing on the fat smoothing out her wrinkly skin and creating those lovely pinchable cheeks. She can also blink her pretty little eyes and bat beautiful eyelashes as well as see the light that filters through from the outside world into my womb.

Pink or blue? 
Team Pink! 

Symptoms? Shortness of breath and trouble sleeping are the devilish duo in my life right now. The sleep part is really difficult considering I'm in training classes for 2 weeks... so my concentration is well below par and I've had many "Mom-nesia" moments already. Thankfully, everyone is willing to give the pregnant lady some slack!

The best thing? Most of my aches and pains have subsided which makes day to day activities easier. But that may be partly due to a doting husband who is helping pick up a needy toddler more as well as donate the use of his recliner and heating pad! True love, amiright?!

The most difficult thing? Ugh... I am slightly anemic which in the grand scheme of things isn't the worst thing just annoying. I have to take an iron supplement every day until delivery and make sure I take some Vitamin C too. The problem is that the iron makes me feel funny and icky... because I TOTALLY needed more uncomfortableness in my life right now.


Looking forward to? Nesting. I already love organizing and getting stuff clean (though it doesn't happen often with a toddler around), but there is something special about getting your home ready for a new baby. Plus purging all the unnecessary junk is cathartic... lugging it to Goodwill is another matter.
A very preggo me being ushered around the Texas hill country by Molly.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, thats gone fast, well for me at least.. congrats on the third tri!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Harley! It seems to have gone by much faster this second time... so far! Here's hoping it stays that way!

      Delete
  2. 3rd trimester, it's getting REAL! Real uncomfortable, that was my 3rd trimesters usually, especially the last month or so. My bed was a huge NETWORK of tons of pillows! With the 2nd one, naps were awesome, but when I was pregnant with my 3rd, whole different ball game! I had a toddler like you have, hopefully your toddler naps and you can try to find time to nap too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to say I have a fortress of pillows keeping me comfy at night! It's the only way to survive the uncomfortableness!!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...